Friday, August 27, 2010

Poetry and The Wind Chime

Let me make known to you another aspect of me. I write poems. I am no professional....but i have my own way of expressing through the rhytmic ripples of poetry. The last time i wrote a poem was 8 years back!!! I have a decent collection that i call 'My Poe(m)-Tree'!!!


Most of my compositions (oh wow....such a strong and professional word for my amateurish rhymes!!!) were conceived by me when i was betwen 16/17 yrs---the most poetic phase of my life so far. When i read those poems now, I get nostalgic about those good ol carefree days, and yearn to scribble more of those artistic expressions!!


Recently the itch to write another poem took over me and i let myself rekindle the dormant poet in me and scribbled a few lines (not exactly...this time i typed!!). And the chosen topic?? what else but the title i selected for my blog baby!!


Twigs and branches of my 'Poe(m)-Tree' will be coming up soon but i'd like to share the newest leaf for now.....So here goes....my latest creation for my 'Poe(m)-Tree'!!




The Wind Chime




Have you ever ever heard
The wind laugh and giggle
Hang a chime in your home
together they tinkle and wiggle



But now my chime hangs still
waiting for its knight of yore
a delicate dangle on my sill
looking yonder the sea and shore



Lo! The knight in shining armor arrives
rolling, tumbling gliding along
past the hills, the valleys and the skies
reaching his darling erelong



He greets her with a touch
She trembles and tinkles
He has missed her too much
She dances to his jingles

She calls out to him softly
He breezes her all around
My home is echoing deftly
with their laughter and their song



These are the tales
of happiness and springtime
when these lovers come together
the Wind and my Chime!!!




I know there are many of you out there who are much more talented poets and all your constructive feedback is gracefully welcome. Please feel free to correct/suggest me so that i can polish this artistic expression of mine and hence build a stronger 'Poe(m)-Tree'!!






No comments:

Post a Comment